tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@apache.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2 mod_jk2.c
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:24:21 GMT

This patch doesn't work :(.
It has some serious impacts like that Apache is reporting 500 if there
is no TC running,
and no mapping at all works, not even jkstatus.

I propose that we create two new beans: 'webapp' and 'host'.
This would simplify internal processing and isolate uri mappings from
host and context tables.
Second I propose that instead parsing suffix matches, we use the general
string matching
that will allow general matches like '/*/a/bbb?b/*.jsp'.

The uriEnv bean will in that case have the pointer to valid webapp table
entry.
This will still allow to use the exiting config directives, since the
host and context
uri's will be transformed to coresponding ones.

This will also allow the jkstatus to be grouped by host/context/uri.

MT.