tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Köhler <skoeh...@upb.de>
Subject Re: socket errors in catalina.out and mod_jk.log
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:34:56 GMT
> 3. On top of regular request/response. Almost everything related with auth,
> pings, discovery, reconfiguration can be implemented by just using regular
> Ajp13 requests - with a special URL. That is by far my favorite mechanism.
> It also has the advantage that it can reuse other parts of tomcat - mapper,
> coyote actions, etc. I strongly believe that most features should be
> implemented at this layer ( regardless of the request message or the wire
> protocol changes )

special URLs are by far the best mechanism?
the next simpson-episode should start with bart writing "special urls
are by far the worst mechanism ever" to the board.

it's working around a missing feature - nothing more, nothing less.
it's the worse method i could imagine.

your are talking about seomthing like
   /_ajp/config
or somethin, right?
what if this URL occurs within the users directory structure?
using illegal URLs like
   _ajp/config
could confuse other ajp-implementation that are not aware of such sh*t.