tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Oxley, David" <David.Ox...@workplace-systems.plc.uk>
Subject UTF-8 characters
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:30:28 GMT
When a response to the browser is in UTF-8 encoding form responses from said
page are giving UTF-8 characters when req.getParameter is called. i.e.
instead of getting é, I get the UTF-8 encoding é returned to our servlet.
Surely the getParameter method should return é as it does with other
encodings. Is this a bug?

Dave.

http://www.star.net.uk