tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Karamat Adil IHMD <Karam...@ih.navy.mil>
Subject Tomcat and LDAP (Oracle Internet Directory)
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:51:48 GMT
Hello,
  I am new to Tomcat and also to Oracle Internet Directory. What we are
trying to do is use OiD for LDAP authentication. The problem I have is I am
not too sure how I need to configure the Realm tag in Server.xml and the
web.xml files for it to be able to use LDAP. Following is my Realm tag that
I currently came up with:

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
connectionName="cn=tomcat" connectionPassword="tomcat"
connectionURL="ldap://LDapTest:389" roleBase="dc=roles,dc=com"
roleName="tomcat" roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})" roleSubtree="false"
userPassword="userPassword" userPattern="cn={0},dc=com"/>

First, I dont understand all these parameters. For example what is the
userPattern, userpassword, and role search for ? And what is the connection
name and connection password there for if I have to put it in in the
Authentication box. Can anyone explain it to me in simple English !!!
Thanks
Adil