tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Roytman, Alex" <Roytm...@peacetech.com>
Subject Please help. Need Custom HostDeployer or Digester
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 23:16:25 GMT
Hello,

I would like to be able to use custom Digester for my contexts. One of the reason is that
we have tons of passwords in context xml files and I would much rather prefer to encrypt/decrypt
entire file to encrypting/decrypting each password (which will mean I have to rewrite several
JNDI resource factories).
It would be nice to use a system property org.apache.catalina.core.HostDeployer.<my context
name> (context specific) and org.apache.catalina.core.HostDeployer (tomcat wide)
to tell StandardHost to which deployer to delegate the job.
Alternatively it would be sufficient for me to have custom digester (which will naturally
extend the default one). Any other solution (especially the one I can implement now and without
altering tomcat source code) would be very welcome.

This is pretty urgent matter for us and I am very anxious to hear from you

Thank you in advance

Alex Roytman