tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependencies ( was: Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - jakarta-tomcat-5
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:12:49 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> When we add a new dependency to the code, we should:
> 1. Update gump
> 2. Make a small proposal and get a vote
> 3. Use conditionals if the dependency is not required and update download
> target
>
> Dependencies are very important and affect everyone.
>
> I don't remember when fileupload was added to HTMLManagerServlet - but it
> certainly doesn't belong to server/lib ( IMO it should go to WEB-INF/lib of
> the manager ).

The dependency was sneaked in by Glenn (and it is now predictably
causing moral problems with 4.1.x; I will completely ignore these
problems, and urge to proceed with the release if this is the only issue).
I complained at the time, but the functionality appeared useful, so I
decided not to veto his patch.

Remy