tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:42:11 GMT wrote:
> billbarker    2003/03/12 22:17:53
>   Modified:    util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper
>   Log:
>   Initial support to do a redirect to a directory where the URL doesn't end in '/'.
>   This prevents browsers from becoming confused when they get a 401 response for e.g.
/foo.  With this turned on, the browser will get a 302 response to /foo/ before authentication
is checked.
>   It is currently off by default to save the cost of a JNDI lookup on each request.

This is tied with rule "6", and should go along with processing physical
resources. At least, I can't see why it should not.
I'll make the change.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message