tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject [5.0] Monitor servlet
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:18:31 GMT
Hi,

I proposed that to Costin a few days ago, but got not so enthusiastic
comments.
The idea would be to add a new monitor servlet to the manager webapp. It
would generate data similar to http://www.apache.org/server-status. It
would mostly (exclusively ?) use JMX to retrieve the components statistics.

That's not a high priority task for me, but something I'd like to get
done eventually, and I'm looking for some feedback. I understand that
there are existing agents for JMX that can be used to provide more
powerful remote access to the statistics (HTTP, RMI, etc), but these
tools do not have the ability to give a user a quick and comprehensive
look at the Tomcat status (although they allow much more complex
operations, and it's not my objective to replace them).

Remy