tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Shutdown Status in Bootstrap/Catalina
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:16:05 GMT
I was thinking strictly of only if there were server threads/processes
up. Nothing to do with the state of the contents of those processes
(webapps), just a straight boolean presence/absence of processes. In
this sense it would do the following

If server process/threads exist - return true
If server process/threads do not exist - return false

This would be just enough granularity to make decent decisions about
when to call start in a restart (stop, wait till status==false, and
start) command.

-Mark