tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [4.1.21] Stability rating
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:48:48 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Costin Manolache wrote:
>
>> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>>

>>> <ballot>
>>> [ ] Alpha
>>> [ ] Beta
>>> [X] Stable (GA)
>>> </ballot>
>>>
>>> Please vote (after testing the release, if possible ;).
>>

>> It works for me. It would be nice to fix the jspc bugs tough.
>> I fixed a small regression in modeler(HEAD) so it can be used as drop-in
>> replacement ( if you have non-supported components - like other
>> connectors -
>> to avoid the exceptions )
>

> Good. For JspC, I think there are more urgent problems than the tag
> related problem, such as the mangling issues which just got fixed in
> Tomcat 5. That's why I didn't bother trying to apply whatever patch was
> needed for tags, knowing it would still be broken.

Well, if you apply the patch that fixes the "NPE when packaged tag
libraries are used" proble, it would be _less_ broken ;-) Seriously,
this patch has been submitted by at least two people, has been available
for months, and does not cause any regression. Why not just apply it
and move on?

The "mangling problem" (I assume you refer to problems with filepath
names containing dots) is far less common, and if it's hard to fix (I
haven't looked at it), it could wait. But if the TC 5 patch can easily
be ported to 4.1, why not do it? Even if you refer to some problem I'm
not aware of, fixing the NPE problem can hardly be a bad idea since
it affects _everyone_ who tries to use JSPC with packaged tag libraries
(the majority case in the real world).

 > [...]

Hans
--