tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya <>
Subject Re: tracking memory usage over time
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:00:33 GMT
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:08:41 -0600, Glenn Nielsen <> said:
> Does the increase in memory usage correlate with an increased number
> of connectors due to a spike in request volume?

There does not seem to be a correlation between a request spike and
un-gc'able heap usage.  I'm using mod_jk (1.2.2 from CVS) with the
following in server.xml:

               acceptCount="10" debug="0"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="443"
               secure="false" scheme="http"

In our "Tomcat Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting" ApacheCon presentation I see that you
have a connectionTimeout="0" attribute -- however I don't see that documented at:

is it something I should set/know about? I currently see 30
ESTABLISHED TCP connections between the tomcat server and the apache server...

> Perhaps you should try increasing the heap size.

In the hopes that the "plateau" is higher than around 100 Megs free?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message