tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Köhler <skoeh...@upb.de>
Subject Re: socket errors in catalina.out and mod_jk.log
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:51:43 GMT
> Yes, Exception is a special object which is costly to create and costly
> to trap.

i hope, that catching Exception is optimized by the Java, because it
happens quite often in java-programs.

creating on exception object, throwing it etc. should happen quite seldom.

> When Apache will be closing connections at a high rate, you make Tomcat
> spend precious cycle to catch exceptions, and so you'll slow tomcat also.

i respect that within my patch.

> I'll study your patch at this time.
>
> BTW, you should also consider that Windows TCP implementation differs a
> little from the one in Unix (see the catch code)....

I will do tests on both platforms.

Where should i send my patch?
I think i'll have something ready within the next two weeks.