tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [5.0.1] Tagging today
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:03:38 GMT
Kin-Man Chung wrote:

>> It seems the new spec revisions mean "more complex + more bloated" :-(
>> This is quite disappointing ...
>>

> Isn't that always true?  :-)  You need to add new features but cannot
> remove old ones.

You can allways side-step and create a new specification for the new
features.

The reality is that nobody ( person or expert group ) can predict how
a spec will be used and create something "perfect". Tag libraries are
good - but we know that it is possible to have a much simpler model
for the "simple case", we can probably make the "complex case" much more
efficient ( code generation ). And it is possible to still support the
original spec with a wrapper - or leave it as it is and direct people
to the new spec.

Like NIO did for java.io.

Costin