tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Senécal <ssene...@labvolt.ca>
Subject RequestDispatcher.forward() problem
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:12:06 GMT
Thanks for your reply, John.

Can you transport data from one webapp to the other when you use the
sendRedirect() method? Here is my true problem. I want to transport data
such as a username and a password between two webapps (and I don't want to
use URL rewriting). The user logs on Webapp1 and after authentification,
the user has the choice to go to Webapp2, and I need the username and
password to work in Webapp2. As I understand it, I can't use the session
object to transport data because each Webapp has it's own session object.
So I thought of using the forwarding method and use the request object to
store my data (with setAttribute and getAttribute). It works, but like I
said in my previous email, after forwarding, I'm still in the context of
Webapp1.

Simon.