tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Leyke <alexley...@cs.com>
Subject JSP @include directive
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:06:19 GMT
I must be doing something wrong, Resources doesn't work for me. Perhaps someone can point out
the problem.

I need to include a file from outside of my webapp's directory tree using directive:
<%@ include file="inc/foo.inc" %>

For that purpose I defined Resources element like this:
<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp" debug="0">
   <Resources name="inc/foo.inc" className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
docBase="webapps/inc" />
</Context>

In theory I should see Tomcat opening "$CATALINA_HOME"/webapps/inc/foo.inc,
but it goes for "$CATALINA_HOME"/webapps/myapp/inc/foo.inc.

What am I doing wrong?
Alex

Alexander Leyke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use include directive in JSP that points to file physically
> located outside directory tree for Web application context. I tested two
> forms of include directive: <%@include file="/../inc/name.inc" %> and
> <%@include file="/symlink/name.inc" %>.
>
> As far as I can tell from Tomcat 4.1.18 sources the former is forbidden,
> i.e., cannot specify path that goes beyond application context. The
> latter is OK, as long as
> org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setAllowLinking() has been
> called with true argument.

You have to use a Resources element for that to be called.

Remy