tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5 nightly
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 22:56:15 GMT
Amy Roh wrote:
> Where are the nightly builds for tomcat 5 getting uploaded?  I'm trying
> to update jakarta binary page to include tomcat 5 nightly so that more
> people can get a hold of it instead of having to check out and compile
> the source code (although I must say it's very easy check out and
> compile the source now, however, it'll definitely make it more easier
> for people to try it out.)  I found
>  But it looks
> like it only contains admin classes and api docs.  Are we building nightly?

I have no idea about those nightlies.

BTW, except for Gump (which is doing it for testing purposes), I really
don't see the point of having nightlies. Instead, we should focus on
having even easier and more automated build systems. This could very
well end up attracting contributors (once they realize it's easy to get

(Of course, I won't prevent anyone from setting up nightlies if they
want to)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message