tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Dahbura <t...@dahbura.com>
Subject help for a realm author
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:56:01 GMT
Team:
When tomcat is configured to support client side certificates for
authentication-what method does it call in a realm package?

For instance for form and uid/password authentication it calls the
method
public Principal authenticate(String username, String credentials)

For a certificate based access model is there another method tomcat will
call in the realm module?  I am trying to add certificate support to my
realm module and do not see much info on this?

I would assume that Tomcat would support calling into a realm module
when client side certificates are enabled or is this handled differently
and outside of  the domain of realm modules-please elaborate if so?

I may start the document on how to build realm modules as it has been
marked as a fixme for quite some time if the group thinks this would be
helpful.

Thanks for the assist on the above,
Tony