tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya <adi...@grot.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-2.0 mod_jk.c
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:58:30 GMT
> On 2 Jan 2003 12:58:58 -0000, glenn@apache.org said:
> glenn 2003/01/02 04:58:58
>
>   Modified: jk/native/apache-1.3 mod_jk.c jk/native/apache-2.0
> mod_jk.c Log: Make sure http errors are handled by Apache if not
> handled by Tomcat
>
>   Revision Changes Path 1.34 +6 -1
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-1.3/mod_jk.c

This fix seems to cause container form-based authentication to have
"problems" - instead of the usual sequence of:

1) GET protected page -> 302 to login page

2) GET login page -> 200 retrieved

3) POST login page -> 302 to protected page

4) GET protected page -> 200 retrieved

The *first* time I try to go to the protected page, instead of (4), I get:

HTTP status 400 (invalid direct reference...)

However, if I then try to get the protected page a *second* time, it works fine...

reverting to a verison of mod_jk that does not include the below fix
doesn't evidence this problem...

Adi