tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:16:23 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>> The only problem I see by removing the package org.apache.jsp is that
>> when Tomcat run under the security manager, it is no longer possible to
>> protect an application from package insertion/access (dangerous).
>> It is  still possible to protect the application by manually adding the
>> new package name under the conf/ file. This will have
>> to be documented somewhere.
> That's a good point, also. (oh, no, I'm back in the middle of a JSPC
> induced mess ;-) )
> Ok, I can re-revert my patch ;-)

It won't change a thing - if you have org.apache.jsp package for all
jsps in the web site.

My problem with org.apache.jsp -> it's apache specific and it's too long.
To be honest - I don't care, since I'll use the prefix explicitely in

And the mess is not jspc - but JspServlet :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message