tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [5.0] Return of the CL bug
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:19:38 GMT
It won't happen in JDK1.3

It won't happen if you remove the "endorsed.dirs" from the CLI.

I think endorsed is completely broken, there are many other problems
and leads to undeterministic behavior. We should just remove it and
add it back in JDK1.5 or when it is fixed.

My +1 to remove the "endorsed". There is no need to use a different
version of javax.xml or org.w3c.dom or org.xml - and if someone needs
a different one, he can use JDK1.3 or file a bug report on Sun site.

Costin

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> This one looks similar to the CL problems with commons-logging (that I
> don't get). If JK 2 is enabled, I get a CL error during its
> initialization:

>          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>          at

>          at

>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:262)
>          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:395)
> javax/management/MBeanRegistration
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.findBootstrapClass(Native Method)
>          at
>          java.lang.ClassLoader.findBootstrapClass0(ClassLoader.java:723)
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:294) at
>          java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:292) at
>          sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265) at
>          java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255) at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:840)
>          at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:756)
>          at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:840)
>          at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:756)
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)
>          at
> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
>          at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
>          at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
>          at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:193)
>          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>          at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
>          at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.findClass(StandardClassLoader.java:520)
>          at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:857)
>          at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:756)
>          at

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:983)
>          at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:579)
>          at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:2347)