tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL/VOTE: JMX hook mechanism
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:25:29 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> This looks fine. Do I get some sample code before voting, so I can see
> the thing in action ?

I'm working on converting Jk to Listeners.

I want to first check in some changes to enable the "what is each thread
doing" feature - but that would add the dependency to JMX.

Time for a branch...

Should I do the changes in a branch, or branch the current stable code and
make changes in HEAD ?

>> I posted some more notes on my weblog ( which I just started few days ago
>> ), and I'll update it with more details.
>> See http://www.webweavertech.com/costin/weblog/index.html
>> and http://www.webweavertech.com/costin/archives/000152.html
>> ( I'm just getting started with the blogging :-).
>
> Arg, you fell for blogging ! ;-P
> I'm not going to (although I do enjoy reading blogs): discussions should
> stay on the mailing lists, which do have centralized archives. If lists
> get more quiet because of blogging, then it's good (less emails to read
> every day :-D ).

I have a feeling the blogging is already affecting the lists. And it
certainly helps organize yourself - that was the main argument for me.

Are other tomcat developers blogging ? Should we keep a list - maybe in
wiki ?

It would be nice to be able to take all blogs about tomcat and feed them
into the list ( I have a category for tocmat and one for ant - but I don't
know too much about blogging yet ).

Costin