tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WEBDAV: [Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:14:52 GMT
Christian Peter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have set up Tomcat 4 on my Win2000 workstation (using
> jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18).
> Using webdav via webfolder seems to work fine with single files, so does
> creating folders "manually" in the webfolder. However, when dragging and
> dropping a folder with several subfolders and some files in it I
> sometimes get the following error message printed on the Tomcat console:
>   [Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
>
> The folder than is copied incompletely, some files of the subfolders are
> missing.
> Is that a known behavior, or just a bad configuration of my system? Does
> anybody have an idea how I could solve this problem?
>
> As background information, I'm currently working on extracting the
> webdav module from Tomcat in order to make some project-specific changes
> to it. With this version, this error occurs much more frequently, which
> speaks for a configuration thing?
>
> As far as I have traced it, this message is thrown inside the doPropfind
> method of the WebdavServlet class, seemingly at
>  Document document = documentBuilder.parse
>                       (new InputSource(req.getInputStream()));
>

> Anybody an idea?

There was a bug in the cache invalidation in 4.1.18 with subcontexts
(folders). This could cause that. Try to see if 4.1.19 works better, or
do a quick try by disabling the cache for your context (which will
likely make the performance bad, but at least that would indicate that
this was the problem).

Remy