tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Peter" <cpe...@rostock.igd.fhg.de>
Subject WEBDAV: [Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:06:12 GMT
Hi all,

I have set up Tomcat 4 on my Win2000 workstation (using
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18).
Using webdav via webfolder seems to work fine with single files, so
does creating folders "manually" in the webfolder. However, when
dragging and dropping a folder with several subfolders and some
files in it I sometimes get the following error message printed on
the Tomcat console:
   [Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.

The folder than is copied incompletely, some files of the subfolders
are missing.
Is that a known behavior, or just a bad configuration of my system?
Does anybody have an idea how I could solve this problem?

As background information, I'm currently working on extracting the
webdav module from Tomcat in order to make some project-specific
changes to it. With this version, this error occurs much more
frequently, which speaks for a configuration thing?

As far as I have traced it, this message is thrown inside the
doPropfind method of the WebdavServlet class, seemingly at
  Document document = documentBuilder.parse
                       (new InputSource(req.getInputStream()));

Anybody an idea?

Christian