tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper JspC.java
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:53:52 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Costin Manolache wrote:
>
>> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>>
>> Then why not default to the context path ?
>

> Can you give examples ? It's very hard to determine the context path
> from JSPC IMO.

I agree.

>> I think the naming conventions for the generated servlets should be
>> settled down, documented - and treated as APIs ( i.e. no change unless
>> absolutely needed ).
>

> Ok, but in the meantime, we must not allow non packaged classes.

See my previous mail; you do _not_ need to have a package statement
for the generated servlet class. Adding it just complicates life.

>>> I was wondering about that, actually, and thought this was inconsistent.
>>

>> JSPC does generate the right package directory structure.

As long as there's no prefix added to the package name, yes. If you
add a package name prefix, the JspC in TC 4.1.18 (with the patch we're
talking about here) generates "package org.apache.jsp.foo;" for a
JSP page in the context-relative dir "foo" and places the class file
in "<JspC-outdir>/foo". Hence, a structure mismatch that will cause
confusion.

> I think
>> JspServlet
>> should do the same - if it doesn't already.
>

> Well, I don't think we care. JspServlet generates in the workdir, and
> uses one CL per page. So packaging is not relevant IMO.
> OTOH, JSPC may generate the classes in /WEB-INF/classes, so we would
> need to create the full package structure. I'd like to point out that
> you admin precompilation example does include an extra "admin" subfolder
> in the output directory path.

Right.

Hans
--