tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper JspC.java
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:03:08 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> Then why not default to the context path ?

Can you give examples ? It's very hard to determine the context path
from JSPC IMO.

> I think the naming conventions for the generated servlets should be
> settled down, documented - and treated as APIs ( i.e. no change unless
> absolutely needed ).

Ok, but in the meantime, we must not allow non packaged classes.

>>>When I wrote my patch, I also felt that a default package prefix was
>>>a good idea, but I dropped it in the end due to the package/directory
>>>structure mismatch. If it's really important to, you should also make
>>>sure the class files are generated in a directory structure that starts
>>>with "org/apache/jsp/"
>>
>>I was wondering about that, actually, and thought this was inconsistent.
>

> JSPC does generate the right package directory structure. I think JspServlet
> should do the same - if it doesn't already.

Well, I don't think we care. JspServlet generates in the workdir, and
uses one CL per page. So packaging is not relevant IMO.
OTOH, JSPC may generate the classes in /WEB-INF/classes, so we would
need to create the full package structure. I'd like to point out that
you admin precompilation example does include an extra "admin" subfolder
in the output directory path.

Remy