tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:51:16 GMT wrote:
> remm        2003/01/22 03:40:00
>   Modified:    jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper
>   Log:
>   - Fix package name generation.
>   - Default to "org.apache.jsp" package name.

Why do you need a default package name? Doesn't this make it harder
to to use, since the package structure no longer matches the directory

When I wrote my patch, I also felt that a default package prefix was
a good idea, but I dropped it in the end due to the package/directory
structure mismatch. If it's really important to, you should also make
sure the class files are generated in a directory structure that starts
with "org/apache/jsp/"

Hans Bergsten                                <>
Gefion Software                       <>
Author of O'Reilly's "JavaServer Pages", covering JSP 1.2 and JSTL 1.0
Details at                                    <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message