tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/tomcat-docs/config host.xml
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:58:04 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> I am grateful for the fixes introduced with the patch, however:
>> - could you please post something about modifying the base interfaces,
>> before you actually do so ? The change was probably needed, but may
>> break custom extensions.
>> - this is code which changes a lot of things; as such, it should have
>> been committed in the development branch first.
>>
>> Remy
>>

> Glad you like the changes and bug fixes. :-)

With a few details. I may be against the change which adds POST support;
I don't know what it does, and it adds a dependency. I'm reviewing all
changes to the 4.1.x branch, at the moment (and that big patch is giving
me trouble).

> Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was working on the manager and
> the bug fixes required one method addition to the interface for Deployer.
>
> I will port the changes to Tomcat 5.
>
> If you feel that backward compatability of the Deployer interface in
> Tomcat 4.1 is required, I can remove the new method from the Deployer
> interface and change the ManagerServlet to use the new remove method
> only if it detects an instance of StandardHostDeployer.

This part of the change looks like it's fixing an issue, so I think I am
ok with it. This should be case by case, though (please don't try to
sneak it in a big patch).

Remy