tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/tomcat-docs/config host.xml
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:51:31 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> glenn@apache.org wrote:
>
>> glenn       2003/01/10 07:52:19
>>
>>   Modified:    .        RELEASE-NOTES-4.1.txt build.properties.sample
>>                catalina build.xml
>>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina Deployer.java
>>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core
>>                         LocalStrings.properties StandardHost.java
>>                         StandardHostDeployer.java
>>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets
>>                         HTMLManagerServlet.java LocalStrings.properties
>>                         LocalStrings_fr.properties
>>                         LocalStrings_ja.properties ManagerServlet.java
>>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
>>                         HostConfig.java LocalStrings.properties
>>                         LocalStrings_fr.properties
>>                         LocalStrings_ja.properties
>>                webapps/manager build.xml
>>                webapps/manager/WEB-INF web.xml
>>                webapps/tomcat-docs index.xml manager-howto.xml
>> project.xml
>>                webapps/tomcat-docs/config host.xml
>>   Added:       catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
>>                         ExpandWar.java
>>                webapps/tomcat-docs html-manager-howto.xml
>>   Log:
>>   Bug fixes and minor improvements to the manager and html manager web
>>   applications.  These patches fix as many of the 11 bugs I found for
>>   the manager in bugzilla that I could reproduce.
>

> Glenn,
>
> I am grateful for the fixes introduced with the patch, however:
> - could you please post something about modifying the base interfaces,
> before you actually do so ? The change was probably needed, but may
> break custom extensions.
> - this is code which changes a lot of things; as such, it should have
> been committed in the development branch first.
>
> Remy

Glad you like the changes and bug fixes. :-)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was working on the manager and
the bug fixes required one method addition to the interface for Deployer.

I will port the changes to Tomcat 5.

If you feel that backward compatability of the Deployer interface in
Tomcat 4.1 is required, I can remove the new method from the Deployer
interface and change the ManagerServlet to use the new remove method
only if it detects an instance of StandardHostDeployer.

Regards,

Glenn