tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject [5.0] Input optimization
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 13:32:36 GMT
I've committed input optimization similar to the OutputBuffer used in
the Coyote adapter. It appears to work ok (although
BufferedWriter.readLine still needs to be implemented).

I'm against porting this patch to 4.1.x, as it is a risky change (which
will need lots of testing) with only a few cases where it would improve
performance in the real world (InputStream performance is almost
equivalent, and it is used a lot more often than the BufferedReader, as
the integrated FORM POST parsing uses it).

Remy