tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject mod_jk/Ajp enableLookups
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:13:46 GMT
While looking into another problem I found that the enableLookups attribute for the Ajp13Connector
has no effect. (The docs say differently) All the Ajp13Connector does is pass through the
remote
host from the web server.  So to have a working request.getRemoteHost() you have to
turn HostnameLookups on for Apache.  I don't know how this works in the other web servers
supported.

Either the docs need to be changed to reflect that enableLookups has no effect with the
Ajp13Connector and you have to turn on hostname lookups in the web server.

Or request.getRemoteHost() needs to resolve the IP to the hostname if enableLookups=true and
the hostname hasn't been resolved yet.

Comments?

Glenn