tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya <adi...@grot.org>
Subject Tomcat "id" in AccessLogValve and Spread
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:47:31 GMT
I'm trying to consolidate the access logs for a whole bunch of Tomcats using
Spread (www.spread.org) like I do with Apache. The easiest way to do this
seems to be to "patch" org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve to use Spread
and I've done that trivially.

However, now that I am collecting access logs from multiple Tomcats in a
single location, I need to be able to tell which Tomcat a log line came from.
Since the AccessLogValve comes from inside a <Host/> stanza, I can use %v to
somewhat figure out where it came from, but I run into problems when I have
multiple Tomcats load-balanced by mod_jk serving the same virtual hosts. The
easiest way then to tell where it came from seems to be to use the jvmRouteId
-- any other, better, more easily obtained, unique identifier I can use?

Thanks,
Adi