tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][TOMCAT5] plugins directory
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2002 13:51:03 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

>> 8. Tomcat should work with no config file - using only JMX API calls
>> to load it and configure a set of plugins ( profile ), using whatever
>> class loader and layout the embeding application ( ant, etc ) wants.
>
> +1.
>
> #7: The configuration mechanism I added should be replaced by that.
> #8: I think you need some kind of configuration file (or rather,
> resource) though ;-)

If by resource you mean some .xml in the jar with the defaults - yes.
But it should work as a single jar ( or collection of jars ) you
just include in a product ( or in ant/lib ) and then create one
mbean and start it ( maybe set the port and some options first -
if you don't like the defaults ).

BTW - I don't know if anyone noticed the <mbean> ant tasks
( that I added to modeler ) and the last part of catalina.xml
ant buildfile, it's a small example.

Costin