tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] minimal JSR 154 only distribution
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 16:32:19 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> - As the release manager, I feel lazy, and would like to minimize the
> possibilities of screwing up a distribution

You don't have to do that - one of the people who voted +1 will have to
volunteer as release manager for that release, and they are supposed to
maintain it.

> - If we follow Costin's ideas on bundling, full-tomcat will bundle lots
> of projects; we can also bundle Velocity here (probably on the condition
> that it moves to commons-logging, to harmonize dependencies)

It seems Jon is more interested in a release without jsp then in a release
that includes velocity.  Too bad.

> Personally, I think this is a yes or no vote, so I don't think either
> choice needs a justification.

The "majority" decision works only if enough people vote.

So far we have:
+1: Jon, Pier, Bill
-0: Costin
-1: Remy