tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: minimal
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:58:26 GMT
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

> What people are saying is that they would like A distribution of Tomcat
> without Jasper. We are not saying all distributions of Tomcat should not
> include Jasper, only A distribution.
>
> It has nothing to do with "I don't like it so nobody should use it." It
> simply has to do with the fact that Jasper is no longer a requirement of
> JSR 154 and therefore there is a demand that people have a servlet
> container which only offers what is in JSR 154.
>
> I want a reference implementation distribution of JSR 154 and only JSR
> 154.

I won't vote against such a distribution. But I won't vote +1 either.

If you can get a majority of tomcat committers ( i.e. at least 3 active
committers +1 ) to support such a distribution of tomcat - nothing will
stop you.

My proposal is about a minimal JSR154 and 152 distribution, and a full
tomcat that includes all the extra stuff. I would be +1 on including other
jakarta technologies in the full distro, if someone is willing to support
it.

Costin