tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: minimal
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 19:51:37 GMT
Another try:

Required libs:
- JMX
- JAAS
- JNDI
- digester ( and beanutils, collections it needs ).
- modeler
- ant ( required by jasper runtime and startup )
- commons-logging
When/if the JNDI-based abstraction of config files is ready we'll not
need digester - but most likely it'll still be required by
modeler, and also by jasper, so I don't think we can remove it.

Minimal:
- subset of catalina ( non-deprecated interfaces and base impl that is
required for tomcat to work ).
- coyote
- tomcat-util
- http11/jk2
- all valves/etc that are required for tomcat to operate.
- naming
- jasper ( at least jasper runtime - but probably the whole thing ).

Optional:
- all components with external deps.
- all components that are not required to get tomcat running
as a fully-functional servlet container.
- admin webapp
- example webapps
- manager ( since JMX can already do most of the stuff that's there )
- slide  ( if we agree to replace our internal webdav with the real thing )
- struts ( required by admin, but also as a separate component ).
- extra taglibs
- doc webapp

This can changes as we go - this is just to get things started.
We can add more stuff in the optional - like other jakarta projects,
log4j, etc.

The "full" distribution will include minimal+optional.

The goal is to keep "minimal" small :-)

Costin