tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tomcat modules
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:29:07 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to reorganize the jakarta-tomcat-catalina repository as follows:
> - catalina folder: Catalina core; this depends on the servlet API
> - modules folders: Optional functionality and modules (one example is
> clustering), but which depends on the Catalina API; this does not
> directly depend on the servlet API
>
> Alternately, using another repository (j-t-modules) is possible, but
> just using a folder looks simpler, as there is an API dependency.
>
> I propose putting independent modules in j-t-connectors (like eventually
> some of the naming features).
>
> <ballot>
> +1 [X]
> -1 [ ]
> </ballot>

Some comments: while it is a good idea for the new code ( clustering ),
it's probably not worth moving the existing code around. At least
not until we decide about the Action and auth*.

Code that is independent of catalina core should be in j-t-connectors or
j-t-modules. Probably a modules cvs repository would make sense - but
there's no problem with using j-t-connectors.

Costin