tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] minimal JSR 154 only distribution
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:03:26 GMT
on 2002/12/10 4:23 PM, "Glenn Nielsen" <glenn@mail.more.net> wrote:

> Right.  You need a distribution tailored for your use.  Others may have
> slightly different dists they need. Where does it stop? Would we end up
> with 2-3 dozen different distributions?  Tomcat can be used in so many
> different ways that it can be very difficult for those devs who vote to
> decide on how many dists there should be and what they should contain.

The line is very clear where it stops:

    A JSR 154 only container and a JSR 154 + JSR 152 container.

That is why I'm not asking for any 'external' stuff to be included in the
Tomcat distribution. I don't want to blur the lines.

-jon

--
StudioZ.tv /\ Bar/Nightclub/Entertainment
314 11th Street @ Folsom /\ San Francisco