tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Strange Tomcat 4.1.x release versions
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:58:57 GMT
on 2002/12/3 11:51 AM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:

> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.
> org&msgNo=52475
>
> Someone obviously hasn't been keeping up on TOMCAT-DEV mail :-).
>
> See the discussions and vote that took place in April 2003, where the
> Tomcat developers agreed to adopt the version numbering approach that
> Apache 2.0 (and several other projects) use.  A good starting point:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.
> org&msgNo=39859

Ok, I understand the version number part now. I actually read those
discussions but forgot about them. Full brain.

But are you also saying that the HTTPd project doesn't announce on the list
in advance when a new release is going to happen?

-jon

--
StudioZ.tv /\ Bar/Nightclub/Entertainment
314 11th Street @ Folsom /\ San Francisco