tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Strange Tomcat 4.1.x release versions
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:29:54 GMT
The last official final release was Tomcat 4.1.12

We now have a Tomcat 4.1.16 beta.

What is up with this weird release numbering? What happened to Tomcat
4.1.13? Maybe Remy got infected by Sun's marketing. I'm still curious how
Sun is going to deal with releasing Java 2.0 and the confusion that is going
to create with Java2. What a brain dead idea that one was.

I'm also not seeing a vote taking on the list about whether or not to do a
release...or at least some sort of advance warning.

I just love how this place turns into a free for all. Not.

-jon