tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: [VOTE] minimal JSR 154 only distribution
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:52:56 GMT
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> I'm going to repost this message once again because it seems Remy and Costin
> didn't bother reading it the first time and are now essentially agreeing to
> what I suggested below.
>
> What-EVER!

Lol. Actually, you are proposing releasing multiple binaries because you
don't want to bother maintaining a small script in Scarab.
To give a parallel, there's such a script in Slide. Somehow, it took
something like 15 minutes to write, and is obviously not rocket science,
and I am not asking for a "Slide-ready-distribution" for Tomcat.

Costin has proposed to make profiles inside a single binary distribution
(like JBoss does). I don't see how you can consider that to be the same
thing.

Remy