tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] minimal JSR 154 only distribution
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:23:59 GMT
Why not have one distribution of Tomcat but with an ant installer
with different targets.  The ant installer builds a layout of files
for running tomcat based on the target.

Then we only have one download (perhaps large) but with a variety
of different installs.

Some of the options could grab any distributions not included with
the tomcat dist from remote sites.

Some possible targets...

soap-server
servlet
servlet-jsp
standalone

And many others. Perhaps with options to update an existing install.

Regards,

Glenn