tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Minimal tomcat ( JSR154 + JSR152 )
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:46:06 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Since things may get confusing around here, I would like to
> have an official vote on my prior proposal.
>
> This is the list of included features:
>
> Libs:
> - JMX
> - JAAS
> - JNDI
> - digester ( and beanutils, collections it needs ).
> - modeler
> - ant ( used for startup and automation of some tasks )
> - commons-logging
> When/if the JNDI-based abstraction of config files is ready we'll not
> need digester - but most likely it'll still be required by
> modeler, and also by jasper, so I don't think we can remove it.
>
> Tomcat:
> - subset of catalina ( non-deprecated interfaces and base impl that is
> required for tomcat to work ).
> - coyote
> - tomcat-util
> - http11/jk2
> - all valves/etc that are required for tomcat to operate.
> - naming
> - jasper ( at least jasper runtime - but probably the whole thing ).
>
> Votes:
> [ ] +1 I like the idea, I might help
> [ ] -1 I don't like the idea, I won't help.

I'll have to vote -1 until the other vote completes, and then, I'll
either be:
- +1 if Jon's proposal doesn't pass
- -1 if Jon proposal is accepted, unless Jasper is removed from the list

As I said, I'd like to limit to 2 maximum the amount of Tomcat binary
distributions (I think two is too much, actually, but still is acceptable).

Remy