tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] minimal JSR 154 only distribution
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 08:18:40 GMT
Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
>
>> Create a separate minimal JSR 154 only distribution of Tomcat 4.x:
>>
>>    +1  []
>>    0   []
>>    -1  [X]
>>
>> -jon
>>

> (1) Jasper is very a very small jar file.
> (2) The Admin Tool should go with the minimal distribution of Tomcat. We
> decided to include JMX in Tomcat distribution...what's the point having
> JMX and not the Admin Tool? Maybe JSP is not required by all Tomcat
> users, but I'm sure a lot of them like to have the Admin Tool .

If the vote actually passes, I'd like to have only one minimal Tomcat
distribution, which would mean no admin and no Jasper (with separate
optional Jasper binaries available). JMX can be used directly (using a
MX4J connector + MC4J, assuming MC4J updates to MX4J 1.1.1 as we did) to
administer the server, without the need to use the admin webapp.

Remy