tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteResponse.java
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:11:39 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> jfarcand@apache.org wrote:
>
>> jfarcand    2002/12/03 08:37:59
>>
>>   Modified:    coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote Response.java
>>                coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
>>                         CoyoteResponse.java
>>   Log:
>> Watchdog is falling if the getLocale returns null ;-)
>

> I'm sorry for the trouble, when I did the refactoring of the header
> handling, I nulled a few fields, and forgot to put that one back to
> its original value :-(
>
> BTW, there's a constant already there (Constants.DEFAULT_LOCALE),
> although you should update it to en-us.

I could'nt find the constant with the last commit (1.1 - 1.4). The
import is there but the DEFAULT_LOCALE is not set. I'm experiencing a
strange problem when I set the variable in the interface instead of the
class. When I put DEFAULT_LOCALE in Constants, getLocale().getCountry()
return "" instead of "US" (but getLanguage() works fine). I suspect a
bug somewhere in the VM (at least in 1.4) If I put the DEFAULT_LOCALE in
Response, then getLocale returns "US" (rrrr..very strange).

Will leave it like that until I figure out what is not working.

Thanks,

-- Jeanfrancois