tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:08:42 GMT wrote:
> jfarcand    2002/12/03 08:04:02
>   Modified:    coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote
>                coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
>   Log:
>   As Bill's recommends, do not set a default locale in Response directly.

That seems like a bad idea. AFAIK, a default locale was set before, and
I removed it when I refactored the header handling; I think your patch
was fine.
OTOH, calling setLocale does not do the same thing (it ends up setting
the content-language header, which may not be what you want to do).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message