tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Strange Tomcat 4.1.x release versions
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:57:05 GMT
On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 11:29, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> The last official final release was Tomcat 4.1.12
>
> We now have a Tomcat 4.1.16 beta.
>
> What is up with this weird release numbering? What happened to Tomcat
> 4.1.13? Maybe Remy got infected by Sun's marketing. I'm still curious how
> Sun is going to deal with releasing Java 2.0 and the confusion that is going
> to create with Java2. What a brain dead idea that one was.

We follow exactly the same numbering scheme as apache2.
13,14,15 had problems and followed the same path as apache2.0.13,14,15
( i.e. they are not released as beta or stable ).

Hopefully 4.1.17 will be a "release quality" - and we'll not get to 40s.

> I'm also not seeing a vote taking on the list about whether or not to do a
> release...or at least some sort of advance warning.

It was voted on the list, Remy sent the proposal last week.

Costin