tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] minimal JSR 154 only distribution
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 06:41:12 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeanfrancois Arcand" <jfarcand@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] minimal JSR 154 only distribution

> Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
>
> >Create a separate minimal JSR 154 only distribution of Tomcat 4.x:
> >
> >    +1  []
> >    0   []
> >    -1  [X]
> >
> >-jon
> >

> (1) Jasper is very a very small jar file.
> (2) The Admin Tool should go with the minimal distribution of Tomcat. We
> decided to include JMX in Tomcat distribution...what's the point having
> JMX and not the Admin Tool? Maybe JSP is not required by all Tomcat
> users, but I'm sure a lot of them like to have the Admin Tool .

Well, now Costin can change his vote and kill this (based on the current
vote count).  IMHO the admin web-app is a pretty toy, but needs much more
work to be usable in a production environment.   Since both Remy and
Jeanfrancois are very concerned with the ability to include the admin
web-app, I'm looking forward to their contributions to improving it :).