OK, that clarifies things a little bit. If the problem isn't with RequestDispatcher, I am even more puzzled. I have narrowed the problem down to a particular use case: I have a single filter that calls getFilterContext().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/WEB-INF/templates/form.html").forward(request, response) in the absence of a particular session variable on the request. This filter is mapped to /* and I have a single servlet mapped to /Display Pointing my browser at //Display : things work as expected. Pointing my browser at // : things work as expected Pointing my browser at //staticfile.html : problem. View Source in my browser shows this: -----------------

U ---------------------- That is the beginning of the html file I am trying to forward() to. It seems like my HttpServletResponse's OutputStream is getting closed prematurely in the exact same place in my forwarded file. So what could it be?! -- Ryan Hoegg ISIS Networks http://www.isisnetworks.net Craig R. McClanahan wrote: >In Servlet 2.3 (i.e. Tomcat 4.x), filters are *not* invoked on request >dispatcher calls -- only on the original request. In Servlet 2.4 (i.e. >Tomcat 5.x) you can optionally configure which filters should be used on >forwards, includes, or both, with suitable settings in web.xml. > >Craig > -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail: