tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JK2] Apache2 add read-ahead for POST data
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:53:47 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Seems that we have some problems reading POST data from Apache2.
> My proposal is to add the read ahead buffer.
> Looking at some modules I found that most of them has that feature.
> For example mod_isapi has a default read ahead buffer length of 49152
> bytes (48 k). (Why?)

+1 ( but I have almost no time to help ).

I'm not very sure what you mean by 'read-ahead' - we do send what's
available imediately after the first packet ( in a bad packet - that
creates a lot of pain ).

> Question:
> Can we make some good example that will allow POST data over 16K (4
> buckets)?

I don't know about example ( you could use a hidden form field with
16k ), probably it would be better as a test case.

Costin