tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Grant <Jan.Gr...@bristol.ac.uk>
Subject System.setProperty() virtualisable inside a webapp?
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:49:19 GMT
I'm in the position of needing to use a third-party class library within
a web application. This library uses the System.getProperty/setProperty
mechanisms to control its configuration.

However, I need several instances of the web application, each with this
library configured in a slightly different fashion.

Is it possible (currently, or with classloader tweaks) to "virtualise"
the set of properties available through the System object to each web
application?

Cheers,
jan

PS. I'd appreciate a CC: on this so it lands in the right mailbox.

Not as randy or clumsom as a blaster.